Monday, August 11, 2008

Wax and a haircut

I decided my hair was getting a bit long for the season, so I headed over to the salon behind the Stormwind AH to get some of it hacked off. When you first sit in a chair, it's a bit like wtf since you can't see your toon anywhere until you zoom your camera out quite a bit. Also it's somewhat startling the first few times someone else sits on the same chair as you, but they fade out and disappear pretty quickly.

My original hair was cute but had a limp, tired look.

The barber shop interface is straightforward enough, basically identical to selecting these features on the character creation screen. Horn reshaping was an undertaking I definitely wasn't prepared for, so I just browsed through the hairstyles. Most of them were just normal draenei cuts, except for a couple blood elf ones.

Do I pay 8g for a goblin to pull my hair back?

I settled on the blood elf bob, which on a draenei seemed to have the perfect combination of length, volume, and lift. It looks absolutely adorable with my puppy-ear horns and engineering goggles. A+++ WILL BUY AGAIN!!! — assuming that more creative styles are added in the future, of course.

Wow it's a whole new me!!!


Back and side views of the haircut are even cuter.

No comments: